Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I know I haven't been on here in a long time,I forgot about this Actually! instead of Daily What I own Ramblings or Anime Surveys I'm going to be doing Fashion posts! for Instance Explaining a Certian Characters Clothes (pics and all) and then saying what I think about it. 
Now because I grew up with The Babysitters Club (the first book I read was Kristy's Big Day when I was 6) and yes I still read them,plus I've been reading the recap snarks on LJ lol.
I'm going to be Reviewing them First. First up of Course is Fashion Guru Claudia Kishi as Described in Kristy's Great Idea #1. 
on the Cover we see that's she's wearing a Red Tshirt under a Yellow Jumpsuit with floral Prints,Yellow Socks,Sneakers and a red Coral Bracelet,her hair Surprisingly has nothing in it. 
And the Alternate Cover Which Shows Claudia in a Yellow Floral Printer Sleeveless Dress,With Black Tights and Bunch of Bracelets and Necklaces on and her long Black hair in a Side Ponytail. 
My Opinion I really like Claudia's Newer outfit the most,it's less Kiddish (even though there only 12 here) I would prbly wear it and I love all the Jewelry. 
Now as for what's Described in the book,from Kristy's pov.
"Claudia was wearing Short,very Baggy plaid Overalls,a White lacy Blouse and red high top Sneakers with out Socks. Her long Black hair was Carefully Arranged in Four Braids....I was so used to seeing Claud in outfits like that I didn't bat an eye. What I did notice was that she was wearing makeup. There was Blue stuff on her Eyelids,Gold Stuff above her eyes,and Magenta Stuff on her Cheeks." (oh Kristy and her Descriptions!) 
Red And Light Brown Colored <em>Plaid Overalls</em>Scully White Lace Blouse|
Converse Chuck Taylor Shoes - Red

So what I think of her first introduction. well as you can see I put a Modern twist to it and even though the color wasn't specified on the overalls I thought Red fit,a more Grown up look to a Blouse that I'm sure had Ruffles on it and Sneakers that are in once again. I would wear all of it Seperatly but not together. I don't think I would do my hair like that,but the Subtle look of the makeup I chose is pretty. 
onto the Second Description.
"Claudia was wearing a Baggy Yellow and Black Checked Shirt,Black Pants,Red Jazz Shoes and a Bracelet that looked like a Telephone cord. her Earrings were Dangling Jointed Skeletons..."
( I was going to use Polyvore but it won't import From Etsy or Google images) 
I'm sure her Sweater was more like this.
Tommy Hilfiger Mens V-neck <em>Argyle Sweater Yellow</em>-small
But I couldn't find a Female sweater in that. so I chose a more trendy Version.
Leggings Stretch Pants Full Length Premium Basic Pre Order
Dangling Dancing Skeleton Earrings
Lipstick Red Jazz Leather Shoes

Well I would never wear those Earrings and I always hated those Telephone Cord Bracelets,reminds me what the teachers at my Elementary school wore. the Original Sweater with the leggings though I would wear. those Shoes are too Chunky for me but perfect for Claud!
Now that were Done with Claudia in this Book lets Continue with the Equally Trendy Stacy McGill. 
on the cover she is wearing a Pink and White Sweater with Black Designs on it and plaid Sleeves,she is Also wearing Black and White plaid Leggings and her Permed Blond hair is Held back with a Clip.
While I admire her Style. I don't think I could pull off that out fit now. but when I was 12? yeah I would have worn it.
on the alternate cover she is wearing a Red Tshirt,Black Vest and long Floral Skirt with her hair down and not as curly.
Dawn is that you? lol I like the vest and Skirt but this doesn't really Scream Miss Big Apple.

"Stacey had on a Pink sweat shirt with Sequins and a large Parrot on the Front,Short Tight Fitting Jeans with Zippers up the outside of the legs and pink plastic Shoes."
Talbots $129 <em>Pink</em> Squin Silk/c Cardigan <em>Sweater</em> SizePretend it has a Parrot on it.
Vivienne Westwood Anglomania + Melissa Lady Dragon
okay so I indulged on the shoes in Reality they probably look like this

But oh well AMM didn't specify so that's what I decided she should wear. 
all in all this isn't a Horrible outfit. though I would have put the parrot on the Back or got rid of it Completely. it's a Cute outfit aside from that. Zipper Jeans are back in Style and I Would defintly wear those heels. 


" I remembered that Stacey was wearing a Matching Top and Skirt made out of Grey Sweater Material with big Yellow Number Tens all over it. her hair was pinned back with clips shaped like Rainbows. little silver Whistles were Dangling From her ears." 
Wear the Rainbow Hair Clip
Teeny Tiny Working Vintage Silver Whistle Earrings
I decided to give her a Sweater Dress since that's prbly what Kristy meant...I had to photoshop the 10 on there. I like the Rainbow Clip and the Vintage Whistle Earrings all in all I think it all Matches very well. 


" She indicated the plaid wool pants she was wearing which were held up with bright red Suspenders."
She also says she got a matching Hat too but doesn't Specify what it looks like so I'm going to indulge as well as on the top.
Black Pink Plaid Cotton Pockets Low Waist Skinny Leg Long Boot Trousers

I think in those Colors it would look good prbly Just with that Black Tank top. though the other shirt is more Stacey. 
Since Kristy and Maryanne are Boring Dressers I'm going to stop here. I'll be doing More Claudia and Stacey Fashion Soon! along with the other BSC Members as they appear.
a Side Note: anyone notice how very Un Kristy Like,Kristy is Dressed on the Original Cover of #1? Braided hair and a pink Vest with a SKIRT?! maybe the artist got Lazy and decided to Draw TWO Maryanne's.

No comments:

Post a Comment